Inbound traffic donBitNS google-public-dns-a.google.com

post 'your questions here please. Search first and see if it's been answered, and we DO hope you read the FAQ and Install info on the site. If you didn't, we'll tell you to RTFM. lol. If you did and you still have questions, we're happy to hear them!

Inbound traffic donBitNS google-public-dns-a.google.com

Postby OneLessBrick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Derrick,

My firewall has just flagged inbound traffic from Application = dotBitNS, Publisher = Unknown, Remote Computer = google-public-dns-a.google.com (8.8.8.8), Port = 56618.

I have seen this happen once before sometime last month. I have been running MeowBit for about six months or more and this seems to be a new event? I spend my time keeping my interactions with anything directly related to google services to an absolute minimum, and would rather not create a rule allowing this through the firewall. Could you please let me know why google is attempting to communicate with my machines please? And will there be any issues if I create a rule banning this inbound traffic?

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: Humm OK so blocking it screws up MeowBit/.bit resolution and the NameCoin block chain updates. Has something changed in the last couple of months?
OneLessBrick
Beta Tester

Return to Tech Help for MeowBit