Crash on launch

post 'your questions here please. Search first and see if it's been answered, and we DO hope you read the FAQ and Install info on the site. If you didn't, we'll tell you to RTFM. lol. If you did and you still have questions, we're happy to hear them!

Crash on launch

Postby ozmds » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 am

I've installed MeowBit, but no joy.

64 bit Windows 7 with .NET 4.0 + 4.5 installed. MeowBit.exe crashes on startup (no UI at all), Windows prompts whether to send crash report to MSFT.

dotBitNS.exe appears to run, but reports lots of "NMC Connector is misconfigured" between normal dns lookups.

I have Namecoin-qt running with server=1 in the namecoin.config. The JSON-RPC service responds when I hit it at localhost:8332 to list transactions, etc, using my REST API console (Dev HTTP for Chrome). The namecoin server does have an RPC username and password set.

After installing and running Meowbit the first time, I noticed in TaskManager that dotBitNs.exe was running, and the log file was being written to.

When I later stopped dotBitNs.exe and restarted it from the command line, Windows Firewall popped up a question about whether to allow the program to access the network. I allowed it. It seems odd that the firewall didn't ask about this earlier?

I have the log file if you're interested. To whom shall I send it?
ozmds
Beta Tester

Re: Crash on launch

Postby Derrick » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 am

I suspect this is being caused an glaring bug that we found earlier today in the namecoin config parser.

If you remove the comments from the file, it should work. If not, please email or PM me the log (after removing any possible unwanted personal info) through these forums.

I expect to have a release ready tonight to fix this and another bug we found which causes some subdomains not to resolve.

Thanks much for the research and detail that went into your report!!
Tips are very appreciated:
  • Namecoin: N2mGx74J8RnEpf1rib6wWp83aSJ5nz51zM
  • Litecoin: LXL8CQDaGNNMvaxsAXnhzJYRB3og3ZCDYq
  • Bitcoin: 1LZpjHh6MUsE1ub8KdVg5FoYiYxvKEtXEc
Referral Link: Buy Namecoin on Cryptsy
Derrick
Site Admin

Re: Crash on launch

Postby Derrick » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:58 am

The new version is out. Have you had a chance to try it?
Tips are very appreciated:
  • Namecoin: N2mGx74J8RnEpf1rib6wWp83aSJ5nz51zM
  • Litecoin: LXL8CQDaGNNMvaxsAXnhzJYRB3og3ZCDYq
  • Bitcoin: 1LZpjHh6MUsE1ub8KdVg5FoYiYxvKEtXEc
Referral Link: Buy Namecoin on Cryptsy
Derrick
Site Admin

Return to Tech Help for MeowBit