Use with a VPN

post 'your questions here please. Search first and see if it's been answered, and we DO hope you read the FAQ and Install info on the site. If you didn't, we'll tell you to RTFM. lol. If you did and you still have questions, we're happy to hear them!

Use with a VPN

Postby the artful burner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Win7 64
Any browser

MeowBit is working well except under one circumstance. If I have my VPN service running (Hotspot Shield) then I can only get to dot-bit.bit and every other address gives me a 502 error.

Is there work around?
the artful burner
Beta Tester

Re: Use with a VPN

Postby Derrick » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks much for this report.

I'm not sure that it's a problem with the VPN. If you can get to dot-bit.bit then the software is working.

What is the status of the Blockchain progress bar in MeowBit? If it's less than 100% (Up to date) then it means it has not yet downloaded all of the blockchain, and doesn't have the latest sites.

dotbit.bit works early in the process because it was one of the first .bit domains that were created.
Tips are very appreciated:
  • Namecoin: N2mGx74J8RnEpf1rib6wWp83aSJ5nz51zM
  • Litecoin: LXL8CQDaGNNMvaxsAXnhzJYRB3og3ZCDYq
  • Bitcoin: 1LZpjHh6MUsE1ub8KdVg5FoYiYxvKEtXEc
Referral Link: Buy Namecoin on Cryptsy
Derrick
Site Admin

Postby the artful burner » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 am

Hi Derrick,

I wasn't clear there. The blockchain is 100% and without using the VPN I can see dozens of .bit sites. With the VPN running I can only get dot-bit.bit
the artful burner
Beta Tester

Postby Derrick » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 am

Ahh ok. Yes can you please restart the service and send me via PM or Email (through forums) the log file.

They are kind of hard to find right now, and this will be easier in the next release.
They should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\MeowBit\Logs\Console

Although I will keep the logs private, please remove any unwanted personal information before sending logs to me.

I should have another release ready very soon that fixes a couple bugs and will be anxious to see if that fixes this problem too.
Derrick
Site Admin

Postby sduvally » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Derrick, I am having the same problem, using BolehVPN. I figured that I'd wait until the new release to report it. I installed MeowBit v 0.4.5186.41847 this morning and am still having the same problem. I have Windows 7, the blockchain is synced 100% and it is on all browsers. I will send you a copy of my logs?
Thanks
sduvally
Beta Tester

Postby Derrick » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks. I recived the logs.

I have attached a Zip of a program that will generate a log of your Network Connection details which will help me diagnose this problem.

Can you please extract the three files in into your MeowBit program folder ( probably C:\Program Files (x86)\MeowBit ) and run the program DumpInterfaceManagementObjects.exe

It will generate the information on your network connections into a new Notepad window. Please send this information to me via EMail or Private Message in forums.

Thanks!!
Attachments
DumpInterfaceManagementObjects.zip
Network Connection Interface Info
(6.27 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
Derrick
Site Admin

Postby Derrick » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Can both reporters please clarify that when MeowBit and the VPN are running, you can get to other sites (.com, .net, etc), just not .bit sites?

Thanks!
Derrick
Site Admin

Return to Tech Help for MeowBit